Thursday, December 16, 2010

Survivor's Benry: "There is no amount of money worth what I am going through now"

benry.jpg With just two episodes left of Survivor: Nicaragua, it's still anyone's guess who will walk away a million dollars richer. But one contestant who won't be is 24- year-old LA club promoter Ben "Benry" Henry, who found himself blindsided at last night's tribal council and voted out. "I was a threat and I knew it," Benry tells In Touch.

One thing Benry didn't do was leave the game hungry. Bitter about losing a reward challenge (see interview for his reasoning), Benry returned to camp and decided to make a feast of Jane's pet chicken Kelly-Nay, a decision that may have helped seal his fate. Still, despite being shafted by those he trusted most in the game, Benry is thrilled to have spent 32 days hanging with the people he did. "I met some people I will remain in contact with. There is a lot of downtime so you get to hear people's stories and know them well."

Benry also tells In Touch that no matter how harsh the monsoonal conditions got in Nicaragua, there was no way he'd have quit. "I could never quit, but in those first seven days part of me thought there is no amount of money worth what I am going through now," he admits. "But like I said, winners never quit and quitters never win. I have never quit anything, it's not me as a person."

He's also enjoyed sharing his weekly Survivor experience with his friends back home. "Last night was tough to watch," he laughs. "But I did with a bunch of friends at my sports bar, like we did every Wednesday. I thought it was a great episode as nobody knew who would be going home, but the most fun part was not telling my girlfriend or parents how I did. I was looking forward to seeing as many people's expressions as I could. They all clapped for me at the end, I took a little bow and ducked out of the game."

For more with Benry, click here.

Freida Pinto Genelle Frenoy Claudette Ortiz Natasha Bedingfield Lindsay Lohan

No comments:

Post a Comment